Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thought of the Day: Thanksgiving

I thank God for the following:

1) That I have a bed to sleep.
2) Despite my inconsistency in committing to church activities, God has provided me with various opportunities to keep up with mentoring ains and sheng.
3) That He has provided me with friends - sarah, dan, jess, chel, huanyang, june, weiliang, steve, di etc etc - who care to look beyond my incapacity to have small talks with people in general.
4) That He has given me certain spritual giftings even though I am struggling in my faith at this point in time; last week's worship leading, the recently concluded gender-based ministry and yesterday's cell word leading were done not by my strength, but by God's wisdom.
5) That I can see hope and meaning in friends - especially the Dierdens, ailing, little sophie and James - and in myself, even when I really honestly feel that this world is quite meaningless.
6) That I can always constantly come back to Him and ask for forgiveness for my pride and various other struggles, that I do feel vindicated on nights when I pray and seek Him earnestly.
7) That although I have slackened somewhat in my attitude towards schoolwork in year 4, He has provided my with timely interventions and divine motivations to go through an otherwise static and non-critical political education.
8) That He has not given up hope on me, and continue to bring friends to remind me that I'm ok, and that one day, I may in my own humble way glorify God through my giftings.
9) That although mom and dad are somewhere out there in the spiritual wilderness, He has given me a glimmer of a vision that they might be saved one day.
10) That it is ok even if my friend would leave my horizon one day, because I cannot ask for anything more than what He has already blessed me with - a good friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger