Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Thought of the Day: Faith

Was it in the bible which says that faith is trusting in God in things that have yet to be seen or heard? While walking back home today, I thought maybe faith, in this new age, is to trust in God despite of things that I have seen and heard. We bear with us many assumptions and historical baggages since we were young. And sometimes, our worldviews are basically projections of our own assumptions. So maybe we have seen bad marriages, experienced disappointing moments with God, or heard about the irrelevancy of Christianity in modern culture. What I have internalized but sublimated as 'truths' are externalized in a indifferent attitude towards God, society, family and myself. Faith is to stand against my own assumptions. Faith is to unlearn the things that I have learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger